Universal – Full Multi-Purpose Android App
- Unlimited Items – You can use & combine as many Timelines, Blogs, Feeds, Channels, Playlists, Stations, Webpages, etc as you want. Optionally add icons, create sections and highlight.
- Material Design – Complete Material Design, with animated Drawer Icon, Ripple’s and Card layouts. Completely customizable in every color. With subtile animations like parallax headers and fading toolbars.
- Tablet UI – A dedicated two plane layout on tablets and an immersive detailview for reading articles and viewing content without distractions.
- Push Notifications by OneSignal – Send push messages and urls to your users easily.
- In-App purchase – Let your users remove ads or unlock extra content within your app by making an in app purchase.*
- Offline & Favorites – Save Articles and posts from WordPress and RSS offline. Web pages & Youtube videos can be submitted as favorite items. Tumblr Images can be saved to local storage.
- Customizable – Easily make your app yours by translations and by customizing colors & using your own icons for menu items. You can also choose between multiple styles for your Navigation drawer, for example by setting a header image.
- Admob Banners & Interstitials – With build in Admob, it takes only a few seconds to add banner throughout your app & show interstitial advertisements during navigation.
- Comments – Show comments to posts, videos and articles from Youtube, Facebook, WordPress & Instagram within your app.
- NativeWeb Technology™ – Never before has the web content been this beautiful. We inject custom CSS to HTML based descriptions of RSS and WordPress descriptions to optimize the page for the device’s screen and create an unified look.
- Youtube & WordPress Search – Let users search your blog and youtube channel.
- Social – Let your users share content and promote your app at the same time.
- Custom Actions – Easily make an intent to another app, or open a url from the menu.
- Flexible Navigation – Easily create a tab based or navigation drawer based application, or even a combination of both!
- Easy & Dynamic Configurations – Define your app’s configuration easily using our free Configuration Creator. Your app will load based on this configuration, you can even change this configuration on the fly!
- In-App Videoplayer – Let users play youtube videos without even having to leave your application!
- In-App Media Viewer – View (embedded) images, videos and audio from content in your app, fullscreen.
- Disqus – Support for interactive Disqus comments for WordPress.
- About & App rate – Display about dialog with HTML markup & Let users rate your app from settings.
- Language support – Easily translatable from within a single file. Also supporting RTL languages and layouts.
- Connection Manager – Automatically detect when no connection is present and ask the user to resume when internet is restored.
- Royal Documentation – Instructions for first app (installing java, sdk etc). Step by step importing and customizing of the template.
- Video Tutorials – Instruction video’s for setting up the SDK and Android Studio, opening the appropriate files, changing your package name and exporting your app.
We support many content providers with Universal to ensure you can show content from all across the web. First, we support WordPress to show your WordPress blog posts, either from WordPress.com or self-hosted WordPress sites, in your app. Next, we support Youtube to show Youtube channels, Youtube playlists or live videos right in your app. Radio is also supported so you users can listen to Radio or Shoutcast/Icecast streams in your app (with metadata/now playing information). We also offer WooCommerce to integrate your WooCommerce Store into your app, users can browse products, add them to the cart, checkout, login and view their recent orders. WebView is available to show webpages, either online or offline. Facebook to show your Facebook Page feed. TV & Live Streams to show live TV and video Streams in HD. SoundCloud to play SoundCloud playlists and user uploads. RSS and Podcasts to show RSS feeds and articles in your app, optionally with Audio. Instagram, to show your Instagram posts. Tumblr, to show a gallery of Tumblr user images. Flickr, to show a Flickr gallery or album. Twitter to show tweets based on a hashtag, query or username. Maps, to show GeoJSON locations in your app. And pinterest to show a Pinterest Board. Above in the description you’ll find a more detailed description of each content provider and screenshots.
Compatible with the most popular RSS XML sources & formats. Works with Youtube Channels & Playlists. Works with WordPress.com, or self hosted blogs with Jetpack API, WP REST API or JSON API. While most WordPress themes and plugins should be compatible with our plugin, we can not guarantee full 3rd party plugin and theme support. WooCommerce works with the WooCommerce REST API V2 and supports categories, regular products & variable products and has checkout in WebView. Radio and Video streams must be compatible with ExoPlayer. Arabic and Hebrew support for Android 4.2 and up. In order to use the project, you need Android Studio (instructions on this included with documentation). Please keep in mind that the compatibility and features of Universal for Android may be different from Universal for IOS.